Design Consultancy Services (DCS) for Rejuvenation and Conservation of Lakes under National Lake Conservation Plan (NLCP) under for Package; NLCP/DCS-1
Funding Agency: Ministry of Environment and Forest Government of India
Location: Dungarpur, Banswara, Udaipur Rajsamand,India
Local Self Governance Department (LSGD) of Government of Rajasthan has identified 11 lakes of Rajasthan state and intend to execute conservation and Improvement works under National Lake Conservation Plan (NLCP) of Government of India. Following 5 Lakes are under Package NLCP/DCS-1 Gap Sagar (Dungarpur), Daylab Talab (Banswara), Goverdhan Sagar and Udai Sagar (Udaipur), Rajsamand Lake (Rajsamand).
Actual Services provided by the Firm
- Study of existing historical data and reports available with various government departments.
- Water quality testing, analysis, water quantity assessment and establishing annual inflows / outflows to/from the lake. Data collection and necessary surveys and investigations.
- Identification of problematic areas and point and non-point sources of pollution. Evaluation of options to treat, divert or eliminate them.
- GIS based land use study for catchment area treatment using satellite images.
- Study options of water quality and quantity improvement under
- catchment area improvement,
- landscaping in the catchment and surroundings
- Inlake treatment-biological, chemical and physical
- Onshore improvements – sewage treatment / diversion, solid waste management, storm water drainage
- Preparation of Lake Conservation and Sustainability Management Plan. Environment and Social Impact Assessment. Preparation of Resettlement and Rehabilitation Action Plan for the affected parties.
- Study effects of Lake Conservation Plan on surrounding areas and water table. Preparation of Lake Beautification Plan.
- Block Cost Estimate and year wise estimated O and M expenses for a period of 30 years.
- Implementation Schedule.
- Determine performance indicators for stage wise water quality improvement.
- Preparation of Action Plan for obtaining various approvals required for implementation of improvement measures.
- Preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR) and Bidding Document with detailed drawing, separately for each of five lakes.
- Total cost of the project is Rs. 150 Crores. (US$ 25.00 Million)