Preparation of Proposal for Assisting JHANSI ULB to participate in the Smart Cities Challenge
Funding Agency: Local Body
To participate in the SCM challenge cities will require to prepare Proposal for Smart Cities Challenge. This preparation of Proposal will require services of consultants. To facilitate Cities / State Governments to prepare Proposal, MoUD has shortlisted consulting firms to assist States/ Union Territories through its World Bank assisted Capacity Building for Urban Development (CBUD) project in selection of the consulting firms which can help the States/ Cities to prepare Proposal.
Actual Services provided by the Firm
- Preparation of City-wide Concept Plan
- The Smart City Proposal (SCP) consist of Strategic Action Plans for Area Developments based on the three typologies: (a) area improvement (retrofitting) (b) city renewal (redevelopment) and (c) city extension (greenfield) and one City-wide (Pan-city) initiative that applies Smart Solutions to the physical, economic, social and institutional infrastructure. Application of Smart Solutions involve the use of technology, information and data to make infrastructure and services better and using smart technologies for the development of the poor and marginalized will be an important part of the Proposal.
- The Smart City Proposal include Financing plan for the complete life cycle of the Proposal. This financial plan identify internal (taxes, rents, licenses and user charges) and external (grants, assigned revenues, loans and borrowings) sources of mobilizing funds for capital investments and operation and maintenance over the life cycle of project. Financial plan will provide for sources for repayment of project cost over a period of 8-10 years, O&M cost and also include resource improvement action plan for financial sustainability of ULB.
- The Proposal development is people-driven, from the beginning, achieved through citizen consultation meetings, including active participation of Residents Welfare Associations, Tax Payers Associations, Senior Citizens, Chamber of Commerce and Industries, Slum Dwellers Associations and other groups. During consultations in addition to identification of issues, needs and priorities of citizens and groups of people, citizen-driven solutions are also generated. The Government of India platform www.mygov.in is also used for all citizen consultations and engagements
- Proposal included mapping of retrofitted area. Proposal for underground cabling, Smart parking, Intelligent Traffic Management System, Wifi network, E-Governance etc.