Mail Us: Support:
Water Resources Planning & Management
Preparation of Detailed Project Report (DPR) for Re-Development of Two Channels in Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation
Funding Agency: PDGF
Coimbatore Corporation intends to redevelop the existing Maniakaranpalayam Channel in Ward No. 41, 46 and Udayampalayam Channel in Ward No. 46 in order to avoid flooding, strengthening of the bunds, avoiding pollution problems, etc. The objective of the assignment is to prepare a Detailed Project Report along with Bid documents for redevelopment of the two channels, considering the technical, financial, hydrological, environmental, ecological and social aspects, both with in the Corporation and upstream areas.
Actual Services provided by the Firm
- Bring out the background, secondary analysis, current use of channels, the rationale for the need of the project, urgencies and priorities for Redevelopment of two channels.
- Status Assessment of channels with respect to the boundaries of the channels, condition, inventory of banks in both sides, length of channels, MFL, respective catchment area of the channels etc.
- Identification of all the sources of pollution and outfalls along the project area and assessment of quality and quantum of discharge of such outfalls and study of existing roads, bridges, culverts etc available along the channels.
- Topographical Survey at 20 m interval of the bed level for the LS and at 5 m interval for Cross Section.
- Collection of all the details related to topography, Hydrological and Hydraulic data of channels, boundary conditions of the receiving water bodies, conduct required investigations and soil surveys.
- Provision of necessary provision for solid waste disposal and its management.
- Study of feasibility for road along the channels for avoiding future encroachments.
- Proposed Rain Water Harvesting along the channels.
- Prepared various concepts for redevelopment with 2D and 3D imageries for the finalized concepts, as part of the report.
- Prepared Environmental Assessment Report, Social Assessment Report.
- Consultation with various stakeholders.
- Preparation of Detailed Project Report, Detailed drawings, designs, estimates, Bill of Quantities etc.
- Cost benefit analysis, economic analysis (ERR).