Hiring of Consultancy Services for Preparing Detailed Project Report of Extension, Renovation & Modernization of I.G.N.P., Stage Ist
Funding Agency: Water Resources Department, Rajasthan
Location: Hanumangarh, Rajasthan
The primary objective of the Consultancy/Study is framing Detailed Project report of Extension, Renovation & Modernization Project in I.G.N.P. stage Ist (Excl. KSL) according to the revised guidelines of preparing ERM project by Central Water Commission, New Delhi.
Actual Services provided by the Firm
- The consultant conducted detailed field survey of identified reaches of the above mentioned canal systems in 879 kms. ERM works to be carried out on these canal systems were recorded during survey.
- After detailed investigation submitted proposals for ERM works to be carried out on individual canals of all the systems.
- Prepared detailed L-sections and X-sections indicating the required ERM works of branches, distributaries and minors including remodeling of canals wherever required.
- Prepared detailed design and drawings of 5 Nos. new structures (2 Nos. Cross Regulators and 2 Nos. District, Road, Bridges on Indira Gandhi Main Canal and 1 No. Cross Regulator on Suratgarh Branch) using STADD Software.
- Undertaken geotechnical investigation for assessment of safe bearing capacity at site for proposed new structures.
- Proposal for diversion of drinking water supply of 2000 cusecs from Indira Gandhi Main Canal was also prepared in detail. This included preparation of detailed design and drawings of pumping stations of 1500 cusecs discharge and static head of 15 meters. The proposal for diverting drinking water was necessary to facilitate maintenance of IGMN during closures.
- A separate DPR for linking Poogal Branch with Kajuwala Distributary to switch over the command of Tale end area of Khajuwala Distributary from Anoopgarh Branch System to Poogal Branch System.
- Obtained approval of the DPRs from Barrage and Canal, Hydrology and Cost Appraisal Directorates of CWC, New Delhi