Consultancy services for design of Barrage, Power House and Other Civil Structures in Co-ordination with E/M works of Bathnaha HEP (4 x 2 MW) including Planning for execution.
Funding Agency: Bihar State Hydroelectric Power Corporation
Bihar State Hydroelectric Power Corporation (BHPC) has undertaken the development of power potential on Parman River under Forbisganj Block of Araria district in Bihar. The project has been named as Bathnaha Phase–I Hydro Electric Project. As per the Preliminary Feasibility Report of the Project, it was envisaged that an 8 MW project shall be set up on Parman River. Parman River is a perennial rivulet, which originates from Nepal and enters India near Jogbani. The river crosses Birpur-Bathnaha-Jogbani road opposite the Railway Bridge on Forbisganj-Jogbani section of NEF railway. Another perennial rivulet Burhi Dhar joins Parman River is of 500 m upstream of the above road bridge. The road bridge on Parman River is of 100 m span and riverbed is about 5 m to 6 m deep. The site is located near Barathpur village of Forbisbanj Block a sub division of Araria district of Bihar. The site is about 29 km from Birpur-Bathnaha-Jogbani road and about 300 m upstream of Road Bridge on Bathnaha-Jogbani road.
Actual Services provided by the Firm
Civil Design in coordination with E/M works preparation of Drawings and Estimates of
- Widening of Parman River
- Coffer dam and River Diversion
- Barrage, under sluices and divide Walls
- River Bed and Side Protection Work.
- Power House building and other structures.
- Power house, barrage & under sluice gates
- Switch yard structures and its fencing
- Raising and strengthening of river banks in the up stream of barrage upto required length
- Approach roads etc
- Cost of the Project is Rs. 100 Cr. (US$ 16.67 Million).