Preparation of Detailed Projects for Sewerage and Storm Water Drainage System in ULBs of Telangana – Package-II
Funding Agency: International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD)
Water Supply and Sanitation provision are the most conspicuous of municipal activities. Lack of planned capital investment and inadequate operation and maintenance, combined with a growing population demanding higher service levels has reduced the effectiveness of water supply and sanitation services in many municipalities.
Inadequate sanitation and wastewater management has been an essential issue in many urban local bodies. In most of the towns, there is no sewerage system or it covers only a part of the town. Government of Telangana has takenup the ULBs in Packages to provide adequate water supply and waste water management.
Actual Services provided by the Firm
- Study and analysis the existing system in the ULBs (11 Nos.) and review of various engineering & environmental problems faced. Identification of major waste water producers and pollution sources, Waste water sampling and analysis and sewage treatment required.
- Conduct household survey with toilets.
- Topographical survey, contour survey, ground level data and other required survey for preparation of DPR on sewage collection, conveyance, treatment and disposal.
- Design of Sewerage system and Sewage Treatment Plant
- Preparation of drawings, estimates including Bill of Quantities (BOQ)
- Preparation of DPR for underground sewerage system including Sewage Treatment Plant as per CPHEEO guidelines.
- Total Sewer Network Length of all the 11 ULBs is 1574 km
- Total Cost of the Sewerage Components is Rs. 1735.12 Crores.
Storm Water Drainage
- Study of Storm Water Drainage System in 13 ULBs.
- Collection of data, study of existing drains.
- Detailed engineering survey and fixing of TBM with reference to GTS, Hydraulic studies.
- Preparation of DPR for Storm Water Drainage.
- Collection of rainfall data of 30 years from IMD and information regarding flood levels in the ULB area during rainfall.
- Identification of high priority drains,
- Identify areas affected by flooding areas and the causes of the flooding and evolving options for mitigation.
- Preparation of maps showing major drains and their catchment areas, major outfalls, flow pattern.
- Divided the project area into various drainage zones as per the natural topography
- Preparation of design parameters & design proposals and detailed cost estimates
- Preparation of various reports.
- Total Cost of the Storm Water Drainage Compoents is Rs. 1714.33 Crores.